Do you enjoy the thought of helping build our community? Are you a team player eager to learn about the building material business? Are you familiar with building materials and looking for a position with growth opportunities? Our Moorhead delivery team is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate. We will work with the right candidate to determine part-time or full-time status. No nights or weekends are required with this position.
Full-time status includes a host of benefits including low-deductible health insurance, 401k with match, and paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteerism. Valid driver’s license and satisfying insurance requirements increases earning potential!
- Assist in building stable, secure loads of materials and assisting with deliveries.
- Assist customers with loading materials into or on their vehicle.
- Physically maintain efficient and orderly stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and yard.
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments, verifying product received, placing items into stock, and other maintenance duties.
- Physically maintain efficient and orderly stock of building materials throughout company warehouses and yard.
- Operate company pick-up to make local deliveries in a safe and timely manner – if license & insurance requirements are met.
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, or otherwise move materials.
- Operate power equipment on occasion to cut or shape materials.
- Courteously assist customers in warehouse and yard areas.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Possess or quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation (we will train).
- Possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record to satisfy insurance requirements.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience with lumber and building materials.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm (working hours TBD)
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Maintain positive attitude and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to read and understand delivery documents, vendor documents, product labels, and safety procedures.
- Basic arithmetic skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered.
- Ability to uphold and embody our Core Values: Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
Apply for this Position
Return completed job application in person or by mail to 1702 1st Ave N, Moorhead, MN 56560. Completed job applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.