Detroit Lakes, MN
Does helping build our community bring you a sense of pride? Do you thrive on variety in your workday and a bustling, friendly environment? Do you want to be recognized for your attention to detail and great customer service? Join our team as a Sales Support specialist! Sales Support assists our sales team in administrative duties and ensures our store customers are offered quality, knowledgeable assistance.
This is a full-time position at our Detroit Lakes location. Some knowledge of lumber and building materials is helpful as is prior experience in an administrative or retail role, but it is not required. We’d love to train the right applicant! This position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits.
- Assist Sales Team with support including placing product orders, managing process flow, making phone calls, and other tasks as needed.
- Greet and offer timely assistance to customers in our retail building material store.
- Answer phone calls or other inquiries about our products, services, and operations.
- Ensure accuracy of customer billing, including proper taxation, cost, retail, and other documentation.
- Learn and follow Company procedures and policies as they relate to the Company’s Point of Sale process, Purchase Orders, and proper operation of a retail store.
- Ensure shipments of hardware and related products are unpacked, documented, labeled, arranged, displayed for sale or stored accurately and promptly.
- Ensure the retail store and related storage areas are kept efficient, orderly, clean, and attractive.
- Communicate effectively and maintain solid relationships with customers, vendors, and all other employees.
- High school diploma or GED from accredited school system or program.
- Basic math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including common fractions and decimals) and ability to accurately handle cash and coin.
- Basic computer skills (email, word-processing, spreadsheets) and ability to learn our store’s Point of Sale program and other programs as needed.
- Knowledge of proper safety and organizational principles and how they apply to a retail setting.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and be detail oriented.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values of Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
Store Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
This full-time hourly-wage position requires and promotes some flexibility in schedule.
- Office and retail store environment with occasional outdoor trips to help a customer load product into their vehicle or retrieve product from yard buildings.
- This is a non-remote position, attendance to office/store is required.