Fergus Falls, MN
Does helping build our community bring you a sense of pride? Do you have experience or interest in the lumber or building materials industry? Are you a natural leader? Join our team in Fergus Falls as a Yard Foreman. The Yard Foreman leads our Delivery Team and manages the process flow for the efficient delivery of building materials.
This full-time, hourly position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all orders.
- Ensure adherence to procedures in processing of invoices and returns of all lumber and building materials to customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that received goods and materials are verified with purchase orders.
- Assist in inventory maintenance by means of organization, periodic counts, and maintaining stocking levels.
- Maintain a clean and efficient yard and storage areas to ensure customers and employees have a safe environment and to minimize product damage.
- Oversee and ensure the proper and timely placement of all lumber and building materials into inventory as shipment is received.
- Enforce all Company policies, procedures, and safety protocol including OSHA, DOT, and FMCSA regulations.
- Ensure vehicle inspections are done daily and schedule required truck maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure that all delivery team members are properly trained.
- Communicate with Yard Manager for reviewing performance of and scheduling of delivery team members.
- Assist customers in warehouse and storage areas.
- Assist delivery team with picking and loading of merchandise.
- High school diploma or GED from accredited school system or program.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record to satisfy insurance requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan, direct, and monitor personnel and products, including the servicing of customer needs properly and in a prompt manner.
- Ability to read maps/GPS and follow or provide directions to various locations in and outside of the city.
- Basic math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including common fractions and decimals).
- Basic computer skills including email, with the ability to learn the store’s Point of Sale program and other computer programs as needed.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn safe loading, delivery methods, and OSHA, DOT, and FMCSA regulations.
- Ability to train, work closely with, and motivate a varied workforce in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values of Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
Store/Yard Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Ability to work overtime hours as needed (outside of business hours) may be required in busy season.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for most of the work day during all seasons.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, and lifting items.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift to load, unload, and otherwise move materials.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
Apply for this Position
Return completed job application in person or by mail to 324 East Washington Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537. Completed job applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.