Fergus Falls, MN
Does helping build our community bring you a sense of pride? Are you a natural leader? Do you have experience or interest in the building materials industry? Join our team in Fergus Falls as a Yard Foreman, leading our Delivery Team and managing the process flow for the accurate and efficient delivery of building materials.
This full-time, hourly position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits. Plus, increase your earnings with goal-oriented bonuses and make your dollar go farther with generous product discounts!
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all orders.
- Ensure adherence to procedures in processing of invoices and returns of all lumber and building materials to customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that received goods and materials are verified with purchase orders.
- Maintain adequate inventory by means of organization, periodic counts, and stocking levels.
- Maintain a clean and efficient yard and storage areas to ensure customers and employees have a safe environment and to minimize product damage.
- Oversee and ensure the proper and timely placement of all lumber and building materials into inventory as shipment is received.
- Enforce all Company policies, procedures, and safety protocol including OSHA, DOT, and FMCSA regulations.
- Ensure vehicle inspections are done daily and schedule required truck maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure that all delivery team members are properly trained.
- Communicate with Yard Manager for reviewing performance of and scheduling of delivery team members.
- Assist customers in warehouse and storage areas.
- Assist delivery team with picking and loading of merchandise.
- High school diploma or GED from accredited school system or program.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record to satisfy insurance requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan, direct, and monitor personnel and products, including the servicing of customer needs properly and in a prompt manner.
- Ability to read maps/GPS and follow or provide directions to various locations in and outside of the city.
- Basic math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including common fractions and decimals).
- Basic computer skills including email, with the ability to learn the store’s Point of Sale program and other computer programs as needed.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn safe loading, delivery methods, and OSHA, DOT, and FMCSA regulations.
- Ability to train, work closely with, and motivate a varied workforce in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values of Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
- Possessing (or earning) a Class-B CDL increases earning opportunity.
Store/Yard Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for most of the work day during all seasons.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, and lifting items.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift to load, unload, and otherwise move materials.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.