Are you committed to supporting the builders in your community? Do you want to be recognized for your attention to detail and service? Do you enjoy being on-the-go with a different routine every day? Delivery Drivers assemble building material packages and deliver them to local job sites in the Fargo-Moorhead area, helping our local builders complete projects of all sizes. This is a full-time position with local work only – no overnights and no weekends!
This position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits.
- Build stable, secure loads of materials and related products to be delivered to job sites.
- Operate company trucks and equipment to safely deliver and unload materials in a timely manner.
- Daily inspections of trucks, forklifts, and other yard equipment.
- Physically maintain stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and yard.
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments.
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, or otherwise move materials.
- Operate power equipment on occasion to cut or shape materials.
- Assist customers in warehouse and yard areas.
- Stock warehouse/yard and pick materials for delivery.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Satisfy insurance and DOT requirements.
- Possess or quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation.
- Maintain positive attitude and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions to various locations in and outside of the city.
- Basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values: Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
- Ability to work well with all types of people in a deadline-oriented environment.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Flexibility in schedule is preferred with ability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.