Fergus Falls, MN
Are you committed to supporting the builders in your community? Do you want to be recognized for your attention to detail and service? Do you enjoy being on-the-go with a different routine every day? Delivery Drivers assemble building material packages and deliver them to local job sites in the Fergus Falls and lakes area, helping our local builders complete projects of all sizes. This is a full-time position with local work only – no overnights and no weekends!
A Class B CDL is preferred, but not immediately required for this position. We will train the right applicant!
This position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits.
- Build stable, secure loads of materials and related products to be delivered to job sites.
- Operate company trucks and equipment to safely deliver and unload materials in a timely manner.
- Daily inspections of trucks, forklifts, and other yard equipment.
- Physically maintain stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and yard.
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments.
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, or otherwise move materials.
- Operate power equipment on occasion to cut or shape materials.
- Assist customers in warehouse and yard areas.
- Stock warehouse/yard and pick materials for delivery.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record to satisfy insurance and DOT requirements.
- Possess or have ability to quickly acquire a Class B CDL.
- Possess or quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation.
- Pass DOT regulated drug and alcohol tests.
- Maintain positive attitude and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions to various locations in and outside of the city.
- Basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values: Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
- Ability to work well with all types of people in a deadline-oriented environment.
Store/Yard Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Flexibility in schedule is preferred with ability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Maintain medical certification to state DOT standards.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
Apply for this Position
Return completed job application in person or by mail to 324 East Washington Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537. Completed job applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.