Warehouse Associate (Part-Time)
Fergus Falls, MN
Do you enjoy the thought of helping build our community? Are you a team player eager to learn about the building material business? Are you familiar with building materials and looking for a position with growth opportunities? Our Fergus Falls delivery team is currently seeking a Part-Time Warehouse Associate. This position will be approximately 30 hours per week with flexibility in scheduling. No nights or weekends are required with this position.
- Assist in building stable, secure loads of materials and assisting with deliveries.
- Assist customers with loading materials into or on their vehicle.
- Physically maintain efficient and orderly stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and yard.
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments, verifying product received, placing items into stock, and other maintenance duties.
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Courteously assist customers in warehouse and yard areas.
Additional Functions, if age and license requirements are met:
- Operate company pick-up to make local deliveries in a safe and timely manner.
- Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, or otherwise move materials.
- Operate power equipment on occasion to cut or shape materials.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain a positive attitude and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to read and understand delivery documents, vendor documents, product labels, and safety procedures.
- Basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered.
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values: Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Possess or quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation (we will train).
- Possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record to satisfy insurance requirements.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm (working hours TBD)
Must maintain flexibility in schedule during busy season.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.