CDL Delivery Driver
Detroit Lakes, MN
Building Material Delivery Drivers assemble building material packages and deliver them to local job sites in the Detroit Lakes area. This is a full-time position with local work only – no overnights. Be home every night!
This position is provided with a competitive wage and full-time benefits.
- Build stable, secure loads of materials and related products to be delivered to job sites.
- Operate company trucks and equipment to safely deliver and unload materials in a timely manner.
- Prepare stable, secure loads on/in customers’ vehicles for stable transport.
- Physically maintain stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and yard.
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments.
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Safely operate forklifts to load, unload, or otherwise move materials.
- Operate power equipment on occasion to cut or shape materials.
- Assist customers in warehouse and yard areas.
- Daily inspections of trucks, forklifts, and other yard equipment.
- Possess or have ability to quickly acquire Class B CDL license.
- Possess a current Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Satisfy insurance and DOT requirements.
- Possess or quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation.
- Pass DOT regulated drug tests.
- Maintain medical certification to state DOT standards.
- Basic math skills.
- Applicable industry knowledge or experience.
- Ability to work well with all types of people in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to read maps and use navigation equipment.
- Applicable industry knowledge and experience with business materials.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm
Flexibility in schedule during busy season with ability to work overtime hours as needed.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day.
- Be able to lift at least 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Maintain positive attitude and outstanding customer service.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions to various locations in and outside of the city.
- Basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered.
- Applicant must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.
Apply for this Position
Return completed job application in person or by mail to 555 Hwy 59 N, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501. Completed job applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.